"From its Eights on Pylons simulation to its holding pattern quizzes, the Flight Trainer is a great tool to help students visualize and understand maneuvers, both VFR and IFR" - Don Kaye, NAFI Master CFI.
- Are you having difficulty visualizing the affects of wind on ground track and speed?
- Where are you relative to the VOR based on the OBS and CDI indicator without turning the OBS?
- How do HSI and VOR indicators differ?
- What does the Eights on Pylons course look like?
- What heading must I fly to get to the radio beacon?
- What is the correct entry for that holding pattern?
- What wind correction is necessary to stay within the save area of the hold?
- Am I left or right of the localizer? Whoops am I on the backcourse, now which way?
- What is same side safe>
The Flight Trainer gives you the opportunity to answer these questions in the relative peace and quiet of your computer any time of day or night.
The Flight Trainer was developed and is owned by Roy Epperson and was marketed as a product by Flying Dynamics, LLC for a number of years. Since, it has been available as Java Applet served by Flying Dynamics's website and now this one. At the moment no future development or bug fixes are planned. It is made available for your use "as is".
For more information, check out the FAQ